Founded in 1985, STR’s presence has expanded to 16 countries, with a corporate North American headquarters in Hendersonville, Tennessee, and an international headquarters in London, England.
Based in Edinburgh, Scotland, the Tourism Consumer Insights team serves clients in Scotland, the UK, Europe and beyond.
We are skilled and experienced project managers, questionnaire scripters, data analysts and report writers. Our market research provides actionable insights informed from diligent and creative analysis techniques and tools to inform your decision and strategy making.
The Tourism Consumer Insights team (formerly LJ Research) has been providing actionable market research insights since 1998. During this time, we’ve worked on many complex and innovative projects and have generated key insights and intelligence for the tourism & travel and hospitality industries. In addition, our research solutions have helped marketers and senior staff in other sectors make better operational and financial decisions.
This is what makes us a full service market research team that covers the whole spectrum of quant & qual, statistical analysis, segmentation, sample design, and – crucially – focuses on delivering actionable insights.
- Working for a marketing / communications agency and need a quote for your market research requirements? Get in touch with us here.
- A marketer working for a Destination Management Organisation / Tourist Board? Find out more about how we’ve helped destinations build their brands and develop their markets.
- Tired of using DIY-survey platforms and keen to use something that keeps respondents engaged? Something that is also fully brand-compatible? Check out our online survey solutions.
- A hotelier who would like to better understand how your performance compares to that of your competitors. Find out more about STR hotel benchmarking products, including STAR reports – our comprehensive hotel benchmarking reports – and STR Forecaster – our forward looking hotel benchmarking tool.
- Working for a visitor attraction and like to better understand what visitors understand? Click here to better understand how our visitor surveys work.
Current and Recent Clients include…
Click here for an overview of our portfolio
Our Market Research Blog
Growth in leisure expenditure for holidays, but shrinking spend in drinking out sector According to recent findings from the UNWTO World Tourism Barometer, international tourism arrivals grew by an impressive 7% in 2017, with Africa and Europe seeing the highest growth at 8% each. Industry analysis suggests that international tourism numbers will continue to increase in 2018, but at a slightly reduced rate of around 4% to 5%. With the first half of the year now in the books, what does current consumer sentiment look like for holidays and leisure experiences? STR’s tourism research team, Tourism Consumer Insights, set out to gauge appetite for international travel and assess leisure expenditure among STR’s Traveller Panel – a proprietary research community of
Consumer Travel Insights by STR – Accommodation Booking Trends In this third and final report within the current Consumer Travel Insights series, we explore accommodation booking trends, and, more specifically, evaluate traveller engagement with online travel agencies (OTAs) and Airbnb. The growing presence of OTAs and Airbnb in recent years has been a significant focus of the hospitality sector. This report provides an informative briefing on the prevalence of and attitudes towards these accommodation booking channels. If you have not done so already, you can sign up here to receive our Consumer Travel Insights reports.
Consumer Travel Insights by STR – Perceptions of Destinations STR is excited to announce the publication of the second report within our Consumer Travel Insights report series. Our Consumer Travel Insights reports discuss traveller behaviour and interaction with travel brands and destinations based on research conducted using STR’s proprietary Traveller Panel – an online community of over 25,000 travellers from across 90+ countries. The latest report discusses consumer awareness and perceptions of a multitude of global destinations and examines varying attitudes and behaviours among different traveller audiences, including distinct traveller segments identified in our research. Shown below is an extract from the report highlighting travellers’ overall perceptions of 6 mega destinations across the globe. If you have not done so
The Tourism Consumer Insights team is a Company Partner of the Market Research Society.