Founded in 1985, STR’s presence has expanded to 16 countries, with a corporate North American headquarters in Hendersonville, Tennessee, and an international headquarters in London, England.
Based in Edinburgh, Scotland, the Tourism Consumer Insights team serves clients in Scotland, the UK, Europe and beyond.
We are skilled and experienced project managers, questionnaire scripters, data analysts and report writers. Our market research provides actionable insights informed from diligent and creative analysis techniques and tools to inform your decision and strategy making.
The Tourism Consumer Insights team (formerly LJ Research) has been providing actionable market research insights since 1998. During this time, we’ve worked on many complex and innovative projects and have generated key insights and intelligence for the tourism & travel and hospitality industries. In addition, our research solutions have helped marketers and senior staff in other sectors make better operational and financial decisions.
This is what makes us a full service market research team that covers the whole spectrum of quant & qual, statistical analysis, segmentation, sample design, and – crucially – focuses on delivering actionable insights.
- Working for a marketing / communications agency and need a quote for your market research requirements? Get in touch with us here.
- A marketer working for a Destination Management Organisation / Tourist Board? Find out more about how we’ve helped destinations build their brands and develop their markets.
- Tired of using DIY-survey platforms and keen to use something that keeps respondents engaged? Something that is also fully brand-compatible? Check out our online survey solutions.
- A hotelier who would like to better understand how your performance compares to that of your competitors. Find out more about STR hotel benchmarking products, including STAR reports – our comprehensive hotel benchmarking reports – and STR Forecaster – our forward looking hotel benchmarking tool.
- Working for a visitor attraction and like to better understand what visitors understand? Click here to better understand how our visitor surveys work.
Current and Recent Clients include…
Click here for an overview of our portfolio
Our Market Research Blog